Are you looking to brush up on your university teaching skills and to create more engaging learning experiences for your students? UC’s Certificate of Teaching is a short online course in tertiary teaching essentials which can act as an introduction for new teaching staff or a refresher for the more experienced. This short, self-paced and flexible course will contribute to your professional development by enhancing of your capabilities as an educator.
The Certificate of Teaching is targeted towards:
- new academics who are required to complete a teaching induction program as a condition of their probation;
- academics returning to teaching after a break; or
- academics interested in enhancing teaching skills and knowledge.
By completing the Certificate of Teaching, you will:
- develop a portfolio of evidence to reflect your teaching and learning practice and/or experience;
- fulfil part of the requirements for UC’s Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education, which is a Level 8 qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework; and
- generate enough evidence of your teaching capability to apply for the Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA), which is the first step towards global accreditation for university teachers.
All interested and active UC teaching staff – including continuing, contingent, sessional, casual, adjunct, clinical and those teaching UC courses at our partner institutions – are eligible to enrol FREE at the Certificate of Teaching Moodle site.
(Please note: the enrolment key is enhanceteaching).
For further information please feel free to email COT@canberra.edu.au.