If you are new to referencing, citing in-text can seem a little daunting.
The Library’s Referencing Guide, which includes instructions on how to cite in-text for the main referencing styles used at UC.
To find out how to write in-text citations:
- Enter the Library’s Referencing Guide (link to it from the Library’s homepage)
- Select the tab of your referencing style to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘In-Text Citations’.
- Follow the guidelines and examples to write your in-text citations.
- The formatting guidelines are in red text.
- Examples are in black.
NB: If you use AGLC, please download the Australian Guide to Legal Citation 3rd ed (PDF) for referencing guidelines.
For further assistance:
We are happy to assist! Contact a Research Assistance librarian in person (Level B, during Library opening hours), email, online chat or phone.